Friday, June 24, 2011

Sushi at Sunset- Presented by Emerging Chefs




Last night I attended the Sushi @ Sunset event at Asia Town Center. The venue was changed last minute due to weather, but Asia Town’s ambiance was perfect! Always a fan of al fresco dining, I was a little disappointed we couldn’t have it on the roof top as originally planned, but alas…


My favorite portion of the night was a yellow tail sashimi with jalapenos paired with a delicious Savgionion Blanc. All of the food and drink pairings were spot on, and the fish was so fresh!



Here we have Michael DeAloia  and Rick Turner, two out of the three founders of Emerging Chefs with Chef Danny Cassano, of Sushi Rock, in the middle. Michael and Rick’s mission is to highlight amazing Cleveland chefs in unique spaces throughout the city. They bring so many layers of creativity to their events and I loved every minute of it! The space, the design, the food, the drinks, the DJ, it makes for quite an event. I look forward to attending more- they have them once a month! For tickets to next month’s event with Chef Regan Reik of Pier W click here.

Full disclosure: I was provided a ticket to the event in exchange for blogging about Sushi @ Sunset, however all of the opinions on the evening are my own.

No comments: